Monday, September 3, 2012

My new found family.

In our last blog we went to Valdobbiadene and bought a Sparkling Rose . There is no better way to enjoy this sparkling wine than to share it with family. My cousin Elisabetta had  invited us to her home for dinner on Friday night. She lives just outside Venice so it was very convenient for us to take the train and she would pick us up at the station. Again mother nature decided it was the time to cleanse the air with a torrential downpour. It rained so hard that the windows on the train were leaking. Exiting the station the street was covered in water but the rain had stopped. Elisabetta was waiting for us and after our hellos it was off to the gelato store to get dessert.
Earlier in the afternoon the storm had knocked out the power in her building and a couple of people were stuck in the elevators for 20 minutes until the power came back on. Since this has already happened to us we decided to take the stairs instead. We were greeted by my Aunt, Elisabetta's husband Nicola, and their daughter Maria Chiara. Their other daughter Agnese was attending a music workshop and could not be with us tonight.

We talked for quite a while and tried to catch up on a what has happened over the years.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Even though we had not seen each other for 35 years I felt very close to my cousin Elisabetta. I feel fortunate that we have been able to reconnect.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Then we had the dinner Nicola and Elisabetta had prepared for us. First course was a plate with 5 items on it. To maximize the flavors Nicola instructed us as to the order in which they were to be eaten. Found that by following his instructions the flavors enhanced one another.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos My Aunt lives with Elisabetta and was happy to see Danna and me. While having dinner I notice out of the corner of my eye that she was looking at me, I turned and she said I look similar to my cousin Adriano. Danna had also mentioned that to me last week. 


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Now we have Maria Chiara my second cousin. Not only a nice person but also a very talented young lady. She plays the cello and has a beautiful voice.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I could not do the blog without one picture of our dinner. Here is the seafood risotto that was fabulous, yes I had two helpings it was so good. Nicola must have been reading our blog because he had some Prosecco chilled and waiting for us.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos The time went by so quickly that before we knew it it was midnight. The last train back to Treviso had already left so we talked a bit longer and then Elisabetta drove us home. 

We are getting together again next Friday to listen to Maria Chiara and Agnese play in a concert in Treviso.
They will play "The Four Seasons" by Vivaldi.



No comments:

Post a Comment